Wednesday 6 February 2013

UUUUUUUNIONS And a Bugsy To Remember

Leaving off from last time I decided to go pick up the Togepi egg from the guy in Violet and then go down the next route. I skipped going to the Ruins of Alph because I didn't want to get an Unknown, instead I'll go back later and get something GOOD.
So going down the route nothing too interesting happened, already had my encounter so no need to worry about that. But I did get a rod! And then onto the Union Cave!
I wanted to get myself a Geodude (Gigas) here and I did! I was quite happy about it as Geodudes are amazing. So I gots one and then went through the cave.
After this I went to Ilex Forest and caught myself an Oddish (Ochu) and then I went back to just outside of the Union Cave and managed to get an Ekans! (Ralvuimago), fun times.
I decided to not use a Geodude for this town/the Slowpoke well and I kind of regret it now, but you'll see why later.
SO I OWNED THE SLOWPOKE WELL. I didn't get an encounter down there weirdly enough, but it would've been a Zubat or something anyway so I'm not worried, if I remember I'll go back later and try to get Slowpoke, but if I don't it's ok! The well went fine and nothing got too badly hurt, all in all I was happy with the progress.



SO THEN CAME THE GYM. I managed to wipeout most of the trainers using Baku 'cause I thought, hey a Zubat pwning up a gym, that's pretty chill. But then came Bugsy.
I opened on him with Blank because I thought he opened with something weak, what with being a bug guy, but he opened with Scyther.
I thought to myself "ok, I can do some nice damage here with bite and then maybe need to heal up after his hit"
....so I used bite, well I say used. He opened with U-Turn and.. he.. one shot me.
I WAS SO GUTTED. BLANK YOU WERE SO YOUNG AT THE RIPE OLD LEVEL OF 14. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. HE SWITCHED OUT TO METAPOD AFTER SO I GOT BAHAMUT OUT AND DECIDED TO FRY HIS ASS. So I did, he got the shit kicked out him him and it was good.
And then he got Scyther back out, so he used a Focus Energy on the first turn and I was like "pft" but then my Gust only hit for about 1/5th of his HP.
Not. Good. At. All.
And then he quick attacked me.
It crit.
RIP Bahamut.
WHY, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY. I wished I had used Geodude, why did I not think about this, WHY!!
It was a bad time for me, I switched out to Ramuh to try and get a Thunder Wave off but it was too late, he crit me with U Turn and.. I'm so sorry Ramuh.. I'm.. so sorry :/
After this he used a Kakuna which I switfly burnt alive with Palom, and then his Scyther was back..
I'm all hazy on how this went but all I know is that he got me to 14hp and I only just got him down. I did it though, I got him. Against all odds, I got him. Well not all odds, if I'd have used GIGAS THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. GOOOOOAAAAADDDAFDDASFDASGASG.
I'm so sad right now, but it's time to choose my new team and train before I face my rival (I stand no chance right now with just Palom and Baku left).
In fact I'll show how Bugsy left me quickly, bear in mind it's not for the feint of heart.

As you can see lil' Togepi (Carbuncle) evolved on the way to the Pokécenter, from death comes life I guess.

So I've chosen my team! Here's a little preview before I train like a motherbitch




One thing I'm taking from this experience is that I'm going to level MUCH more in the future. Expect either an insanely overlevelled team for Goldenrod or me giving up before of the overwhelming amount of training. We will see, RIP guys :'(

'til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment